Tag Archive | RIM
Will RIM open BBM to counter iMessage?
In Canada, and in most enterprises today, RIM holds a firm grasp on the user-base. Blackberry Messenger (BBM) has been one of the features that was specific to RIM devices that their users loved as it saved them SMS fees. Today Apple announced iMessage, a BBM for iOS 5 devices.
An interesting point, neither offer exists across both OSs, eg. iMessage on Blackberry or BBM on iPhone. RIM is potentially in a position to deliver BBM to the iPhone, so what’s holding them back? Will iMessage be the final nail in RIM’s coffin or will RIM counter with a bold move to open up BBM on other platforms?
- Microsoft Teams, Direct Routing and SBCs (pt.1) May 25, 2020
- Remote Work in 2020 January 28, 2020
- Microsoft Surface Hub 2 + WebRTC March 28, 2019
- WebRTC + SIP over WebSockets arrives at SignalWire March 28, 2019
- WebRTC in 2017 June 12, 2017
- WebRTC Ships in MacOS and iOS 11 June 6, 2017
- PulverHWC – How We Communicate May 12, 2016