Xten is Looking for Senior IM XMPP / Jabber Developers
For those who are interested, Xten is looking for 2-3 Senior IM / XMPP Client Developers immediately.
Main R&D facility is in Burnaby, just outside Vancouver, BC.
Here is some stuff on Xten:
Xten Networks Inc. is a leader in SIP based Voice Over IP and IP Telephony softphone development. Xten software is mainly used by Internet Telephony Service Providers and New Era Telephone Companies. Xten has developed a best of breed SIP softphone to support large scalable systems. In a short period of time, Xten has become one of the largest independent suppliers of SIP [Session Initiation Protocol] compliant soft telephones.
Position Available >>
Senior IM / XMPP Developer (ref# XMPPSR-704)
Reporting to the CTO and Project Manager, candidate will have the following main duties:
– Implement, extend and maintain XMPP protocols and to add functionality to existing SIP telephony and Video client application
– Implement new IM standards as they emerge
– Assist client development by servicing as the implementation bridge between SIP protocol and IM user features
– Fix compliance issues as discovered by QA Protocol Validation Engineer
Chosen candidate will be able to bridge gap between requested user features and implementation of XMPP protocol standards. A candidate will be expected to be extremely code proficient and have deep understanding of implementing protocols.
Must have competencies:
– Good working command of English language (written and spoken)
– Proven team player
– Deep TCP/UDP/IP networking experience
– Strong working knowledge of Windows OS
– Exceptional knowledge of C++
– Prior multi-threading experience
Desired competencies (but not required):
– Asynchronous design patterns
– Experience reading and interpreting RFCs
– Previous work with SIP and VoIP softphones would be tremendous benefit
– Previous work with SIMPLE would be tremendous benefit
This position is based in Burnaby, British Columbia. Relocation for the right person may be considered.
When applying please note the following:
1. Only apply for positions if you meet all the required competencies.
2. All applications must contain a ref# in the e-mail subject or they will not be considered.
3. You may apply for more than one position.
4. Longer well-organized resumes are appreciated over shorter resumes.
5. E-mailed applications are preferred.
6. Henry Vandenhoogen is not available to accept phone calls. If Henry Vandenhoogen is interested in your application, he or another member of the team will contact you. Applicants who disregard this note will be eliminated as a candidate.
Xten Networks Inc.
4664 Lougheed Highway
Burnaby, British Columbia